[CMake] faking convenience libraries

Fri Jan 19 14:07:22 EST 2007

On Friday 19 January 2007 23:57 IST, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> We need to compile the same underlying code 7 times for 7 different
> libraries.  3 of the resulting libs are dynamic and 4 are static.  We
> would use "convenience libraries" to do this, if it were portable and
> available in CMake.  We understand that "ar" in particular can't include
> static libraries in other static libraries.  How can we reduce the
> number of times we have to compile this code, without getting into a lot
> of hairy details?

I would be interested in knowing this. I am faced with the a similar
problem. I have to build several libraries each with their own source code
but depending on some common code. I could build a library out of the
common code but those API's not to be exposed.

I tried adding the common library as a dependency for the target lib but
that dint build them together either. The current target built itself like
it had no dependency on the common library.
--
Cheers!
kitts