[CMake] Using CMake for embedded project

Thu Jan 18 10:04:38 EST 2007

On Thursday 18 January 2007 13:05 IST, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Is this for an embedded linux project or some other OS ?
> Then maybe this helps:
>
> http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT6762290643.html

Alex, thanks for your response. I did read that article before posting here.
The problem with that is that it is too focused ecos with the use
of "INCLUDE(UseEcos)" which seems to do all the hardwork! However, I did
pick up some tips from there. :-)

I have made some progress since my last post but am having problems. For
one, I added the following to CMakeLists.txt

IF(NOT CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE)
  SET(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Debug CACHE STRING
      "Choose the type of build, options are: None Debug Release."
      FORCE)
ENDIF(NOT CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE)

I dont understand it completely but picked it up from the FAQ. I only want
these three options but yet the GUI gives option for
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_MINSIZEREL.

Also i want the options to be offerred in a drop down list. Else one can
make typo errors that would be accepted.(?)

Besides that i am having problems with generating unix makefiles for the
cygwin/gcc compiler on windows. It complains that gcc is unable to build a
simple executable! This is probably something to do with the fact that i
have multiple cygwin1.dll's. :-)
--
Cheers!
kitts