[CMake] "make package" still fails to work for absolute install locations.

Thomas Arcila thomas.arcila at imag.fr
Fri Jan 12 08:07:43 EST 2007

Hi,

CPack has support for so called "movable" package (movable = prefix
independant,
unmovable = prefix prepended to install path), but it's hardcoded to
movable one.

 from Source/CPack/cmCPackGenericGenerator.cxx

bool movable = true;
   if ( movable )
     {
     // Make sure there is no destdir
     cmSystemTools::PutEnv("DESTDIR=");
     }
   else
     {
     std::string destDir = "DESTDIR=";
     destDir += tempInstallDirectory;
     cmSystemTools::PutEnv(destDir.c_str());
     }

It should not be that difficult to add a CPackConfig.cmake entry
describing this
behavior. For the time being you can try to force movable to false and see
if it works
(from what I read, it should, but I dont have time to test it).

I will not have time to look deeper into this before (at least) a week, so
I hope
it'll be sufficient...

Thomas

Le Thu, 11 Jan 2007 22:20:41 +0100, Alan W. Irwin
<irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca> a écrit:

> For cmake-2.4.6 (and also previous versions), "make package" generates a
> compressed file of nul characters, e.g.,
>
> gunzip -c plplot-5.7.1-Linux.tar.gz |od -a
> 0000000 nul nul nul nul nul nul nul nul nul nul nul nul nul nul nul nul
> *
> 0002000
>
> This bad result apparently occurs because the PLplot project must
> (necessarily) use absolute install locations.  The workaround for us is
> use "make DESTDIR=/tmp/staging install" followed by the appropriate zip
> or
> tar command.  When this issue was previously discussed on list, Bill
> Hoffman
> suggested that cmake could switch to the DESTDIR method internally so
> that
> "make package" would always work regardless of whether the install
> locations
> were absolute or relative.
>
> Bill, what is the status of this fix?  Do you have an implementation I
> can
> test to help insure the fix will get into the next release of CMake?
>
> Alan
> __________________________
> Alan W. Irwin
>
> Astronomical research affiliation with Department of Physics and
> Astronomy,
>
> Programming affiliations with the FreeEOS equation-of-state
> implementation
> for stellar interiors (freeeos.sf.net); PLplot scientific plotting
> software
> package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
> Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure
> Project
> (lbproject.sf.net).

Utilisant le client e-mail révolutionnaire d'Opera :
http://www.opera.com/mail/