[CMake] GUIDs in VS solution files

Mike Talbot mtalbot at abingdon.oilfield.slb.com
Thu Jan 11 10:58:51 EST 2007

Hello,

I am trying to use the INCLUDE_EXTERNAL_MSPROJECT command to add a C#
project to my solution, but the solution fails to load in VS 2005.  I
have traced this down to the fact that all projects in the
cmake-generated .sln file have the same GUID - i.e. every project entry
(including the external C# project) starts with:

Project("{8BC9CEB8-8B4A-11D0-8D11-00A0C91BC942}") =

If I change the GUID for the external C# project (to anything else),
then the solution loads fine.  Question is how to work around this.  I
can either change the WriteExternalProject method in the cmake generator
code to use a different GUID when writing out external projects or if
someone has a suggestion on how to fix the GUID in the generated
solution automatically that would be helpful.

(I am using cmake 2.4.2)

Many thanks,
Mike

--