[CMake] Controlling CMake directories for some files

gga ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar
Thu Jan 4 21:05:21 EST 2007

Hi.  I have some code that creates out-of-source builds, by defining:

EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH
LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH
CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE

This is working okay, but my problem is that cmake's build system is
still a tad simplistic for my taste.   Even when I set all those
variables, there are still some files that cmake creates that I don't
know how to control.
Ideally, I want to have an out-of-source build with 4 main root directories:

bin/
obj/
lib/
aux/

where bin, obj and lib should be obvious, and aux should contain any
cmake auxiliary files (CMakeCache's, cmake_install, swig files, etc).
All of them should be with appropriate subdirectories as needed, to
mimic the source tree.

Unfortunately, I seem to be unable to redirect things properly.  For
one, cmake seems to always want to create a CMakeFiles/ directory (and
no way to rename that) and dumps CMakeCache's by recreating the source
structure, all together with the object files.

Is there any way I can obtain some more fine grain control on this?

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar

AMD4400 - ASUS48N-E