[CMake] "INCLUDE called with wrong number of arguments" error, please help.

kdsfinger at gmail.com kdsfinger at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 14:01:30 EST 2007

hi,
I recently installed the lapack library on my linux box and would like
to configure cmake to use it. I steal the FindLapack.cmake file from
http://www.mip.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~jw/cmake/CMakeModules/FindLAPACK.cmake
(btw, I also use the FindGSL.cmake from there and it works great)
and put it in the cmake modules folder.
I have a CMakeList.txt like this:
PROJECT(ta)

FIND_PACKAGE(GSL)
INCLUDE(${GSL_INCLUDE_DIR})
ADD_DEFINITIONS(-g -Wall -O2 -fno-gcse -finline-functions -funswitch-loops )

FIND_PACKAGE(LAPACK)
IF(LAPACK_FOUND)
	INCLUDE(${LAPACK_USE_FILE})
ELSE(LAPACK_FOUND)
	MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR "Cannot build without LAPACK. Please set LAPACK_DIR.")
ENDIF(LAPACK_FOUND)

#list all source files here
ADD_EXECUTABLE(test testunsymm.c )

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(test ${GSL_LIBRARIES} ${LAPACK_LIBRARIES} )

Then I run ccmake . and manually set up
 LAPACK_FORTRAN_TO_C_LIBRARY      /usr/bin/gfortran
 LAPACK_LIBRARY                   /usr/lib/liblapack.so.3.1.0
After I configure it, the cmake gave out the following message:

 CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
 /home/me/Desktop/ta/CMakeLists.txt:9:
 INCLUDE called with wrong number of arguments.  Include only takes one file.
 Current CMake stack:
 /home/me/Desktop/ta/CMakeLists.txt;/usr/local/share/cmake-2.5/Modules/CMake
 CInformation.cmake;/usr/local/share/cmake-2.5/Modules/CMakeCXXInformation.cmak

Can someone help me to correct the problem? What does "INCLUDE called
with wrong number of arguments" means?  My working dir is
/home/me/Desktop/ta