[CMake] CMake under cygwin using cron

cmake at daishiva.com cmake at daishiva.com
Thu Jan 4 12:36:02 EST 2007

I'm porting over my build system to use cmake to build my program
under nmake (VS2005).
If I start the build manually, everything works fine. Doing the same
things as a cron job
however, does not.

build command: cmd /C "vcvars32.bat && cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" . && nmake"

the error:
-- Check for CL compiler version
-- Check for CL compiler version - 1400
-- Check if this is a free VC compiler
-- Check if this is a free VC compiler - no
-- Check CL platform
-- Check CL platform - 32 bit
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual
Studio 8/VC/bin/cl.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual
Studio 8/VC/bin/cl.exe
-- broken
CMake Error: The C compiler "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio
8/VC/bin/cl.exe" is
not able to compile a simple test program.
It fails with the following output:
         "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe" -f
CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir/build.make /nologo -L
CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir\build
         "c:\Program Files\cmake-2.4.5-win32-x86\bin\cmake.exe" -E
cmake_progress_report
c:\ordept\devauto\apps\vis\trunk\dev\vislink\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles 1
Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/testCCompiler.obj
         C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC\bin\cl.exe
@c:\ordept\devauto\apps\vis\trunk\dev\vislink\bin\win32\nmCDB.tmp
testCCompiler.c
c:\ordept\devauto\apps\vis\trunk\dev\vislink\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\testCCompiler.c :
fatal
error C1902: Program database manager mismatch; please check your installation
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC\bin\cl.exe' :
return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
-- Configuring done

Here is a MSDN page that looks like the same issue I'm having:
http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=123792
but they say it is fixed. I've installed the service pack for VS2005,
changed the TEMP
and TMP system variables, and now am hoping that someone here has
experienced and gotten
around this.

Thanks!