[CMake] Project using cross compiler

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Jan 2 16:04:17 EST 2007

Hi Reinhard,

Von: Reinhard Thies <Reinhard.Thies at web.de>

> Hello,
>
> I am quiet new to cmake. It looks very nice, at least what I have seen
> so far.
> I just want to convert some of my projects to cmake. But I have a
> question now :
>
> My project is either running under a ARM or PPC plattform or directly on
> my Linux Host. How do I tell cmake to use the cross tools ?

You could set the variables like CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER, CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX, CMAKE_C_COMPILER, CMAKE_AR, CMAKE_RANLIB etc. manually. You also might have to adjust CMAKE_CXX_LINK_EXECUTABLE,  CMAKE_C_LINK_EXECUTABLE and friends.
You can have a look at share/CMake/Modules/UseEcos.cmake for this. But this is for cross compiling eCos applications, not Linux applications.

Maybe others have better suggestions ?

Bye
Alex