[CMake] Changing output path for MSVC so that it does not contain debug/release

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Fri Feb 16 15:49:30 EST 2007

This is what I did when someone "required" this:

# ---- Change the Suffix on the Generated Dylib
--------------------------------
IF (CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE STREQUAL "Debug")
SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES (About
	PROPERTIES SUFFIX ".plug_d"
)
ELSE (CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE STREQUAL "Debug")
SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES (About
	PROPERTIES SUFFIX ".plug"
)
ENDIF (CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE STREQUAL "Debug")

<rant>
This is just completely NOT needed with any modern IDE or CMake. I
know for a fact that VS 2003 and 2005 both will generate a "Debug"
and "Release" folder placing the contents in those folders for each
of their respective build types. Xcode on OS X will do the same
thing. This obviates the need for adding "special" extensions to your
libraries. But you say, I am on (Linux/BSD/Emacs/VI) and all I have
is Make.. Well.. This is where CMake shines. Just create 2 build
directories, one for release and one for debug. Each Directory will
have its own complete build of the libs and executables. This will
obviate the need for using naming schemes on your extensions.
</rant>

--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer