[CMake] MSYS + MINGW + wx-config.sh

klaas.holwerda kholwerd at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 14 16:53:54 EST 2007

Werner Smekal wrote:
> Hi Klaas,
>
> I don't actually understand your problem correctly. As I understand
> you have MSYS, wxWidgets compiled with MSYS and want somehow call
> wx-config which is a bash script from the cmake file? Is this correct?
I want to have the output of wx-config, which is a shell script,
installed by wxWidgets in /usr/local/bin.
I am working on a new  FindwxWidgets.cmake, to get it working for Mingw
and Msys with some extended features.

>       # run the wx-config program to get cxxflags
>       EXEC_PROGRAM(sh
Oke it was in front of me all the time, the sh in the above line is in
fact sh.exe from MSYS. That makes it work more or less.
The RET variable is empty, and the result is oke.

>         ARGS "${wxWidgets_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE} --cxxflags"
>         OUTPUT_VARIABLE wxWidgets_CXX_FLAGS
>         RETURN_VALUE RET)
>
> FindwxWidgets.cmake is supposed to work with MSYS. Here wx-config is
> called during the cmake configuration process. If this doesn't work,
> does FindwxWidgets.cmake work for you in MSYS?
I changed it a bit already, so i now see i did something wrong. Instead of
RESULT_VARIABLE wxWidgets_WANTED_AVAILABLE

it should  be

RESULT_VALUE wxWidgets_WANTED_AVAILABLE

No warning from Cmake somehow, but at least i know what to do.

Thanks a lot for pointing me to the problem,

Klaas