[CMake] Visual Studio Resource Issues

Omar Souka cmake at souka.com
Tue Feb 13 10:06:01 EST 2007

Hi,

I need to process .rc files differently depending on whether the build is
debug or release.  The problem is that the resource compiler is only passed
defines that are defined using add_definitions.   add_definitions doesn't
appear to provide a way to change the defines based on configuration.  I
have the same issue when compiling files, but I deal with it by setting
extra flags in CMAKE_C_FLAGS_(DEBUG,RELEASE) to indicate the build type, but
these flags are not passed to the resource compiler.  Is there any way to do
build type conditional resource file processing?

Thanks,

Omar