[CMake] ADD_DEPENDENCIES Adding dependency to non-existent target: doc-test

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Feb 6 08:50:57 EST 2007

On 2/6/07, frederic heem <frederic.heem at telsey.it> wrote:

> > ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET(testFoo ...)
> > ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET(doc-test ...)
> > ADD_DEPENDENCIES(doc-test testFoo)
> >
> thanks for the tips,  but unfortunately, that's not working as expected,
> running "make doc-test" results in
> testFoo1
> doc-test
> testFoo2
> doc-test
> testFoo3
> doc-test
> etc ...
>
> The target doc-test shall run only once at the end when all target
> testFoon
> are executed.

Please reproduce with a small test case that you can forward to the list.
(Or send your CMakeLists...) If doc-test depends on all of the testFoo*
targets, then it should not run until *all* of the testFoo* targets have
been built. I use this technique in several projects and it works for me.
What version of CMake are you using?

Thx,
David