[CMake] Re: Override CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE per target

Rodolfo Lima rodolfo at rodsoft.org
Sat Dec 29 18:06:55 EST 2007

Let me specify a valid use case for this. Suppose you have a project
with an internal library (call it convenience library, in gnu terms).
Then you want to debug the main application, but due to speed issues,
you want the internal library to remain compiled with optimizations
turned on. In this case, it makes sense to compile only the main
application in Debug mode, but keep the library in Release (or
RelWithDebInfo), but cmake doesn't support this (as far as I know).

Regards,
rod