[CMake] Re: Install of pattern matched files

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 17:57:47 EST 2007

On Dec 28, 2007 4:55 PM, Mike Jackson <imikejackson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I used the following:
> INSTALL(DIRECTORY src  DESTINATION include/MXADataModel
>    REGEX ".*\\.h$"
> )
>
> and I get EVERY file located in the src directory, including all
> subdirectories. By all files I mean EVERYTHING. CVS files, headers,
> sources.. everything.

I bet the CMake code that implements this has some unwarranted
assumptions about what kind of regex is going to be passed.  I bet the
.* is matching against some list of files, and therefore matching any
*list* that terminates with the pattern.  Or it's just written wrong
in some other way.  Anyways it's a bug.  Write a trivial reproducer
and file it.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every