[CMake] Migration to subversion

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Sat Dec 22 14:38:01 EST 2007

Rodolfo Schulz de Lima wrote:
> Hi people,
> I've been wondering if there's any will among cmake developers to use
> subversion as source versioning management system.

At some point we will change.  All new projects at Kitware are svn.
However, we have done some "hacks" with cvs that prevent an easy move.
On the server side of our cvs repository we have used symbolic links so
that kwsys is checked out into ParaView, ITK, VTK, and CMake.
Basically, they all share the same ,v files.   So, if we move CMake we
have to move ParaView, ITK, VTK, and several other internal projects.
We are looking into ways to do this without much pain on all the
projects.  So, there is plenty of interest, and I would suspect that we
will get there over the next year.  However, it is not quite as simple
as just converting the relatively small CMake repository.   Also, no
need to sell us on the benefits of svn over cvs, we all agree it is
better.

-Bill