[CMake] Re: Re: Target flags depending on compilation of anothertarget

Rodolfo Schulz de Lima rodolfo at rodsoft.org
Fri Dec 21 15:14:28 EST 2007

> Have a look at the internals of FindwxWidgets.cmake that comes with
> CMake-2.4.7.  It uses wx-config for the case where wxwidgets is already
> externally installed.  It should be straightforward to adapt this module
> for
> the case where you are building wxwidgets internally.

I cannot use wx-config when I don't have wxWidgets installed because it
doesn't exists. Only after wxWidgets is built I can use wx-config to extract
compiler and linker flags, that's the problem. When it is preinstalled, it's
a snap, find_package(wxWidgets) does the trick.

> For PLplot we implement the compiler flags returned by
> FindwxWidgets.cmakewith using the SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERTIES
> COMPILE_FLAGS

FindwxWidgets actually does this parsing, while UsewxWidgets.cmake assigns
the variables to cmake's variables, you shouldn't have to do it by hand.

Regards,
rod