[CMake] Re: General modernization facility

Rodolfo Lima rodolfo at rodsoft.org
Tue Dec 18 19:48:54 EST 2007

Alexander Neundorf escreveu:

> This is wrong. This would mean that the old buggy behaviour in the code would
> have to stay in an if(version==2.4.7) block, and next to it the fixed block
> for newer versions. This is not maintainable.

Well, isn't it what is happening with SUBDIRS vs. ADD_SUBDIRECTORY? How
this problem is being handled now?

And releasing a version with a buggy behavior is a serious issue. I'm
not talking about bugs like when one feature is documented to do
something bug does something else. This should be corrected without
concerns about backwards compatibility. But a feature conceptually wrong
shouldn't be allowed to go unnoticed.

Regards,
rod