[CMake] Changing the default name "CMakeLists.txt"

Dizzy dizzy at roedu.net
Tue Aug 28 05:27:50 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 28 August 2007 12:05:49 Martin Lütken wrote:
> If not, then does anyone have an idea how hard it would be to add a
> possiblity (command line option I guess) like that to the cmake source code
> ?

From a simple grep in the cmake CVS sources I think that to add such an option
first would require to have a unified place with the "CMakeLists.txt" string
value because currently there are about 15 different places in code where the
string is hardcoded, about 30 places where it appears in messages generated
from the code and A LOT of code comments and cmake module comments where it's
used (tho the comments can be left in place since they still make sense
talking about a CMakeLists.txt file even if that is configurable).

All in all I don't think it's very hard to do it, would result in a better
cmake code organization too (not having scattered "CMakeLists.txt" magic
value all over the code).

Mihai RUSU					Email: dizzy at roedu.net
			"Linux is obsolete" -- AST