[CMake] Howto define build order

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 06:28:13 EDT 2007

2007/8/22, Matthias Fechner <idefix at fechner.net>:
> Hi Jack,
>
> Jack Kelly wrote:
> > INCLUDE(AddFileDependencies)
> > and then
> > ADD_FILE_DEPENDENCIES(${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/path/to/your/pdf
> > ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/path/to/your/gnuplot/output)
>
> thx for your answer.
> I tried now several combinations but none of them worked.
> cmake always compiles at first the latex document and then the gnuplot
> stuff.

Did you try add
ADD_DEPENDENCIES(pdf GNUPLOTs)

at the end of your CMakeLists.txt

This should say that the 'pdf' target,
 [ the one defined by ADD_LATEX_DOCUMENT when
   not using MANGLE_TARGET_NAMES.
 ]

depends on your custom GNUPLOTs target.

> Maybe that is only possible if I can define a dependency at the
> ADD_LATEX_DOCUMENT but there it is not possible :(

I did not try it but I think that UseLATEX
enables you to specify images files using

IMAGES argument of the ADD_LATEX_DOCUMENT macros.
see:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMakeUserUseLATEX

I think that when you specify images files that are an output
of CUSTOM_TARGET  the target will be launched.

--
Erk