[CMake] Install directories with new INSTALL command

Tristan Carel tristan.carel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 08:03:25 EDT 2007

On 8/14/07, Martin Lutken <mlu at danware.dk> wrote:
> Have just read the http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Install_Commands
> and the introduction says it's possible to install directories.
> I just could not see anywhere in that document how to do that.

It is referenced in the official documentation:

http://cmake.org/HTML/Documentation.html

  INSTALL(DIRECTORY dirs... DESTINATION <dir>
          [FILE_PERMISSIONS permissions...]
          [DIRECTORY_PERMISSIONS permissions...]
          [USE_SOURCE_PERMISSIONS]
          [CONFIGURATIONS [Debug|Release|...]]
          [COMPONENT <component>]
          [[PATTERN <pattern> | REGEX <regex>]
           [EXCLUDE] [PERMISSIONS permissions...]] [...])

> Is there a simple command for copying entire directories recursively ?

You can use the CMake `copy_directory' command, more info with:
$ cmake -E

HTH
--
Tristan Carel
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.