[CMake] Question about managing large projects with CMake

Theodore Omtzigt theo at stillwater-sc.com
Sun Aug 12 10:31:02 EDT 2007

Maybe a little bit more information about the software structure might help:

I have the following top level tree structure:

//depot

            /external

                        /bin

                        /lib

                        /include

                        /src

                                    /Applications

                                    /Libraries

                                    /Drivers

                                    /Services

                                    /Tools

            /internal

                        /arch

/bin

                                    /lib

                                    /include

                                    /src

                                                /Applications

                                                /Libraries

                                                            /myLib

/myLib-test

Test suite code

                                                /Drivers

                                                /Services

                                                /Tools

                        /hw

                                    .

                        /firmware

                                    .

                        /sw

                                    .

                        /Common

                                    /bin

                                    /lib

                                    /include

                                    /src

                                                /Applications

                                                /Libraries

                                                /Drivers

                                                /Services

                                                /Tools

All dev trees follow the same structures as shown above. The
arch/hw/firmware/sw trees will reach into the Common tree for common sw
components, and manage their own components within their own trees. I have a
build process for the internal tree and the external tree, but I am looking
for a mechanism to create separate build processes within the internal
development tree.