[CMake] Re: problems compilating 2.4.7 under 2.2

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 8 11:39:36 EDT 2007

Alex Dantart wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Alex Dantart wrote:
>>> where can i find a pre-compiled binary >2.4.2 for ubuntu ? I can't !
>>
>> http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Download.html ??
>
> WHERE ?!?!?!
> no binnaries for ubuntu there !!
> the .sh just decompress the same that tarball :P

You don't need an "Ubuntu" binary, you need a "Linux" binary, which
should work on Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, SuSE, Red Hat, Slackware, LFS,
etc. (you'll also need to match the hardware, of course).

Ok, so looking closer at your log maybe that's the package you got (you
didn't specify, so I'm not sure), although in that case I'm not sure why
you downloaded an older cmake first. I'm also not sure what is supposed
to be happening when you do 'cmake .'; is this in the directory where
you just un-tar'd the linux/i386 cmake binary package?

Anyway, this line seems to be the important clue:
> /usr/bin/ld: crt1.o No hay tal fichero: No existe el fichero ó directorio

It looks almost like your compiler is not installed properly? Are you
able to compile and link a simple 'hello world!' program?

--
Matthew
People say I'm going insane. I say, "what do you mean, 'going'?".