[CMake] Re: problems compilating 2.4.7 under 2.2

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 7 19:37:26 EDT 2007

http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Download.html ??

>> Alternatively, maybe you should try bootstrappping cmake (you can
>> build cmake on a system that doesn't already have cmake...) without
>> using the older cmake version?
>
> If I try to do it without cmake this happens:
>
> /usr/src/cmake-2.4.7# ./bootstrap
> CMake 2.4-7, Copyright (c) 2006 Kitware, Inc., Insight Consortium
> C compiler on this system is: /usr/bin/gcc
> C++ compiler on this system is: /usr/bin/gcc
> Error when bootstrapping CMake:
> Cannot find appropriate Makefile processor on this system.
> Please specify one using environment variable MAKE.

You seem to be missing 'make'. You'll definitely need to install that if
you want to build any software. If that isn't the problem, you'll need
to provide more information as to why cmake's bootstrap script doesn't
like your 'make'.

--
Matthew
Somewhere, there is a .sig so funny that reading it will cause an