[CMake] TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES for library targets?

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 11:52:34 EDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Christian Convey <christian.convey at gmail.com> wrote:
> When my project contains two libraries, where one depends on the other...
>
> Are there any reasons for, or against, calling th
> TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES command to express that dependency?
>
> Does the answer change depending on whether zero, one, or both of them
> are static vs. dynamic libraries?

A static library cannot include another static library in a portable
manner.  I know that AR can't support this at all.  I don't know if
other toolchains can, or if CMake allows it.

A dynamic library can include either a static or a dynamic library.

I don't know about static libraries including dynamic libraries.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every