[CMake] [2.4.7] - ADD_SUBDIRECTORY unexpected behavior

David Blado dblado at decarta.com
Mon Aug 6 14:46:41 EDT 2007

Hi All,

After upgrading to cmake/ctest 2.4.7, I started experiencing the
following problems when running my automated builds using ctest:

c:/builds/dds4.2.3/dds/CMakeLists.txt:6:

ADD_SUBDIRECTORY not given a binary directory but the given source
directory "C:/builds/dds4.2.3/dds/Accounting" is not a subdirectory of
"c:/builds/dds4.2.3/dds".  When specifying an out-of-tree source a
binary directory must be explicitly specified.

I can assure you that C:/builds/dds4.2.3/dds/Accounting" is absolutely a
subdirectory of C:/builds/dds4.2.3/dds".

I am able to run cmake from the command line and load the solution file
just fine.  This product is also built on a variety of unix platforms
that are using cmake 2.4.7 as well.  The unix platforms build just fine
from the command line and from ctest.

I'm guessing that this is a bug, but wanted to get some community
feedback before submitting a bug report.

Cheers,

David