[CMake] Eclipse CDT4 CMake Generator - Pre-Alpha version

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 09:11:00 EDT 2007

2007/8/2, Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>:
> On Thursday 02 August 2007 05:34, Eric Noulard wrote:
> > Moreover I think in-source built should be supported by the CDT Generator
> > in order to be consistent with other generator.

[...]

> Yes, in-source builds should work and having Eclipse support that only part of

[...]

> Somebody feels like looking into the Eclipse/CDT sources ?

I may have a look at this.
Nevertheless I think the issue may not be "only" in Eclipse/CDT
but more in the Eclipse Platform Team,
"http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-team/".

Doc says (http://help.eclipse.org/help32/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/team.htm)

"A repository provider (RepositoryProvider) is the central class in
the implementation of your repository.  This class is responsible for
configuring a project for repository management and providing the
necessary hooks for resource modification. "

It seems that repository provider is really "project-oriented"
we may be able to write an "aggregate repository provider" which may
implements the feature we (may) need which is having a project
refering to different folders (at least 1 in the current test case)
under possibly different source management system.

I will have a look and ask questions on eclipse.org concerned
subpart and tell you what I can do.

--
Erk