[CMake] Eclipse CDT4 CMake Generator - Pre-Alpha version

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 04:57:38 EDT 2007

2007/7/31, Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva <miguelf at ieee.org>:

> Attached is the file. I changed some variable names and other minor
> things, but I'm not certain it follows all the coding standards. I
> leave that to your inspection, although please point out whatever you
> find that you needed to fix for my future reference.

Yeah just great.
I have  tried your patch on a fresh CMake CVS HEAD update and
it works just fine for me for TSP.

My test is:

0) mkdir TestCMakeCDT
    cd TestCMakeCDT

1) checkout TSP
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.savannah.nongnu.org:/sources/tsp co tsp

2) Generate Eclipse project
   mkdir Build_tsp_generated
   cd Build_tsp_generated
   cmake -G"Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles" ../tsp

3) From within Eclipse --> Import Existing Project
    etc ...

> All of those interested in this development are encouraged to watch
> the following wiki page:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/Eclipse_CDT4_Generator_Development

I did add another screenshot :))

I have somes remarks:

1) The referred sources for the build are a cvs checkout
   but they do not appear as such in Eclipse,
   i.e. the Team menu is not enabled. :((
  May be the CVS Eclipse plugin did not automagically
  discover this fact because not all the project structure
  is handled by CVS but only the link resource refering
  to the source tree.

  I've tried to "manually" activate Team menu on this
  particular folder but I am still unable to do it without
  "Sharing" the whole project which is definitely not what
  I want since the build tree should not be handle by CVS.

2) After import the project was built but
   binaries did not show up, I had to close/open project
   in order to have the binaries.

3) There seems to be a spurious binary named a.out
    which is discovered the file is:
    Build_tsp_generated/CMakeFiles/CompilerIdC/a.out

Nevertheless this is a great AND usable job for me.
Thank you very much.
--
Erk