[CMake] merging autotool project and qt project

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 02:48:37 EDT 2007

Did forget to cc the list...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>
Date: 1 août 2007 08:48
Subject: Re: [CMake] merging autotool project and qt project
To: Marie-Christine Vallet <mmvallet at ucdavis.edu>

2007/7/31, Marie-Christine Vallet <mmvallet at ucdavis.edu>:
> Qt: 3.3.8
> KDE: 3.5.7-0.1.fc6 Fedora
> KDevelop: 3.4.1
>
> Hi,
> I have an application for which I  am developing a qt UI. I looked on
> the web for solution in integrating these two and someone suggested
> (from the qt list) to use cmake.
> I looked into documentation and did not find a tutorial/documentation
> that dealt with the same problem.
> Could someone help me out?

I'm no QT expert but regarding your autotools
project you may try one of the autotools to CMake converter:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake
--> Converters from other buildsystems to CMake

I did use am2cmake
(http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/cmake/scripts/)
with good success on one project.
I had too modify generated files a little bit for make it
work as I expected but it was fairly simple.

Regarding your Qmake project may be you can have a look at
the qmake converter
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:ConvertFromQmake

regarding "moc_ files generation"  I did see some message
on this list which seems to talk about the same topic so
you may dig the list archive on this.
Nevertheless as I said I do not develop with QT so I may
be totally wrong on this subject.

--
Erk

--