[CMake] Thoughts on Cross-compiling with CMake

Bernhard Sputh bernhard.sputh at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 08:52:52 EDT 2007

Trevor,

On Sunday 29 April 2007 09:59, Trevor Kellaway wrote:
> Which bug ID?

That would be ID 14, opened in 2003 and set on low priority, well very low it
seems to me.

> Have a look at this thread
> http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake/2007-March/013083.html

This thread must have slipped my radar, it looks very similar to what I was
thinking of. Except that my idea was to modify the behaviour of the CMake's
source code, while Your solution relies on simply modifying the scripts CMake
uses.

> I'm using this approach to build multiple targets, for embedded
> processors with multiple compilers (and for the PC as well).
>
> I can post the patches if you like.

Thank You, that would be helpful, even if I learnt a lot from the snippets You
sent in Your earlier post.

BTW, have You submitted the patches to the development team?

Cheers
Bernhard