[CMake] lib dependencies

Pascal Fleury fleury at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 26 06:40:07 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

It is my understanding that when an application links to a shared lib, it
should not have to link to any of the dependencies of that shared lib, as
this info is included in the *.so or *.dll.

If I have a project that builds both such a DLL and some related applications,
the applications are linked both with the DLL and the other dependent libs.
On platforms that support shared libs, is this right ?Especially if I then
export the dependency list of the application to make sure other apps will
use this right list, they will need some libs that may not be on the
platform.

Is there a way to suppress the transitiveness of lib dependencies when one in
the chain is a DLL ?

--paf