[CMake] install(script) usage w/ cpack

David Blado dblado at decarta.com
Thu Apr 26 00:11:49 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I'm trying to simplify the creation of symlinks so I don't have to reach
down into _CPack_Packages/<PLATFORM>/<PKG_TYPE>/<PRODUCT>/lib in order
to create symbolic links to libraries.

I've attempted the ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND, ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET, FILE(WRITE) /
INSTALL(SCRIPT) methods and none of them seem to work w/ CPack.  They do
appears to work when I issue make install...but fail to create the
symlink on make package.  It looks like INSTALL(SCRIPT) doesn't run in
reference to the top level installation directory for make
package...only for make install.

The examples I've been using to help implement this are @:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake/2004-March/004846.html

and

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-commits&m=116948038808442&w=2

TIA to anyone that can offer a suggestion.

Cheers,

David