[CMake] Lib dependencies discovery

Pascal Fleury fleury at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 24 18:20:44 EDT 2007

Hi Cmake-experts :-)

I have another issue, that libtool solved by the *.la files. I would like to
install my library with some information about what other libs need to be
linked to it when being used in an app. For DLLs, this is trivial mostly, as
it contains this information (Linux) or forced to have no unsolved symbols
(Windows).

If distributing a static lib, there may be dependencies that the user should
know. I would like to ship a little app-config that will tell the user (or a
tool being used) which are these libs.

So finally my question: what is a portable cmake construct to find out the
result of the various LINK_LIBRARIES and TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES and friends
for a given target library?

--paf