[CMake] Bug in SET ?

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Tue Apr 17 12:34:09 EDT 2007

On 2007-04-16 09:30-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> My opinion is that the FORCE option to SET should _always_ force the
> specified cache value (as is currently documented and as seems intuitive to
> users).  When you get situations like above where it doesn't always force
> the value, it can be quite confusing to users.

This is now bug 4896 entitled "FORCE option to SET does not always override
external values".  I have rated it significant because it is an accident
waiting to happen for any build-system developer that assumes the FORCE
option to SET will always work for version 2.4.6 of CMake.  For example,
this bug interfered with a subsection of PLplot development for quite a
while before I discovered this CMake issue and worked around it.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).