[CMake] Missing MAP files support in VS 2005

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Sep 15 16:00:15 EDT 2006

Wojciech Jarosz wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 September 2006 08:21, Laurentiu Nicolae wrote:
>> Is there a way of enabling the generation of MAP files in the
>> CMake-generated projects? I've been digging around in the source code
>> and I can't seem to find anything that allows it.
>>
>> Basically, what I need is to generate the following two lines:
>>   GenerateMapFile="true"
>>   MapFileName="path_to/mapfile.map"
[snip]
> I am also interested in this (GenerateMapFile="true") and haven't found a way
> to do it.
>
> In addition I am interested in specifying MapExports="true" which cooresponds
> to the /MAPINFO:EXPORTS linker option.
>
> Is there any way to specify that these lines be generated in the VS2005
> project file?

Adding these options requires modification of the CMake C++ code that
generates project files.  It contains a mapping of command line flags to
IDE project file options.  These flags have to be added to the map, and
then your project would have to specify the flags.

You can try using the NMake Makefiles generator to get things working
now since adding the flags in your project would be sufficient.

You can submit a feature request here to get the IDE mapping:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug

-Brad