[CMake] Fortran 9x dependencies

Arjen Markus arjen.markus at wldelft.nl
Mon Sep 11 09:46:25 EDT 2006

Brad King wrote:

>William A. Hoffman wrote:

>>>That's exactly the type of thing causing the problems.
>>>

>>Brad, how hard do you think it would be to run the fortran stuff
>>through cpp with the same -I and -D flags that we are sending to
>>the compiler?   Then run it by the parser we already have.
>>

>It might work.  Will cpp be available on all the platforms that have a
>fortran compiler?

Most Fortran compilers have something of the kind, but it is not standard.
The code as presented is therefore not standard-compliant and will not
compile
correctly on all platforms. But given that, compilation would fail anyhow if
the compiler does not support cpp-directives.

In other words; you do not have to worry about cpp availability.

Regards,

Arjen