RIF: [CMake] kdevelop problems

Frederic Heem frederic.heem at telsey.it
Mon Oct 30 12:43:06 EST 2006

Ciao,
The problem is in kdevelop, not in cmake itself. When kdevelop create a cmake project, CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR = CMAKE_BUILD_DIR, which is a bad idea. The preferred way is that CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR != CMAKE_BUILD_DIR. Then cleaning a project is just a matter of deleting CMAKE_BUILD_DIR. The other advantage is to ability to have different build configuration, example a debug and non debug build.
Please report a bug report to kdevelop about this issue.
By the way, it's still possible to use kdevelop and cmake, that's what I'm using to develop. Just create hand written CMakeList.txt, import the project in kdevelop using "custom makefile", then configure kdevelop to use the build directory to compile, and sett other paramaters such as where is the executable.
Frederic Heem