[CMake] How to easily extract items from a list which match a regex?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Oct 27 09:48:24 EDT 2006

Tristan Carel wrote:
> To extract the list of headers in a set of source files contained in a
> variable, I don't see other solution than iterate on each element and
> check that the items match the regular expression:

You can submit a feature request for LIST(FILTER) here:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug

I'm assuming you're asking this as a follow-up to the previous thread on
file globbing.  It is not recommended to construct the source list using
globbing.  When a source is added there is no change to CMakeLists.txt
files so cmake cannot automatically re-run on the next build.

-Brad