[CMake] VMS

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Oct 19 15:56:28 EDT 2006

Steven Boyd wrote:
> Can CMake be used on a VMS operating system?  Does anybody have any
> experience with this?  What would be involved with trying to get it
> working?  Any tips on preventing a futile experiment would be welcomed!

To my knowledge no one has attempted this before.  I'm not too familiar
with VMS, but IIRC it is a totally different OS unlike UNIX or Windows.
 VMS is certainly not a supported platform currently, but it will be
interesting to discover what it will take to support the OS.

Here are some questions to get started:

1.) Is it command-line based?  Does it support scripting in any form?
2.) What would the build sequence look like for a simple hello-world.c
program?
3.) Is there a make tool or native build tool of some kind?

Thanks,
-Brad