[CMake] Forcing vc guiids to be the same

Sylvain Benner benner at virtools.com
Wed Oct 18 04:12:27 EDT 2006

Hi Matthew,

We had the same problem.
The easiest way but not the most comfortable one is to put the CMakeCache.txt file on your server, everybody get this file and then everybody will use the same GUIDs.
Although it's not a cross-platform way to do it, we have decided to set a variable called GUID in our CMakeLists.txt files. Then we added the support of this feature in our custom version of CMake. The functions to modified are CreateGUID and GetGUID. If you do so (and if you use source control I guess that one day you will have to), I suggest to create your own generators to keep official CMake features.

Sylvain