[CMake] CMake and portable dynamic library loading?

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Oct 17 04:45:53 EDT 2006

Hi,

Von: "Alan W. Irwin" <irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca>

> Alex (Neundorf), assuming KDE actually used libltdl on bare windows, did
> KDE build that library on that platform?  If so, how?  If not, what
> alternative did KDE use to provide libltdl on bare windows?

I never compiled kdelibs myself on Windows, but other people did, and so they should also have compiled libltdl.
Some weeks ago we switched from libltdl to QLibrary which comes with Qt4, so right now it's not there anymore.

> built with autotools and it is one complicated mess that will actually
> be
> quite difficult to translate to CMake.  For example, there is a whole
> Pandora's box of details that are configured via config.h with lots and
> lots
> of obscure (to me) m4 code. So my question really boils down to whether
> anybody has gone through the large effort of building libltdl with
> CMake.
> If so, I hope you are willing to share your CMake code. If not, is there
> some alternative I am missing that provides libltdl on bare windows
> without
> having to go through the large CMake programming effort to build it on
> that platform?

Yes, we did that.
All the checks needed are in kdelibs/ConfigureChecks.cmake.
You "just" have to find out which ones are needed in libltdl. There is something with libdl, so if you find this one, you are very near.

Bye
Alex