[CMake] Building a Debug Project against a Release VTK

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Mon Oct 9 13:19:07 EDT 2006

I just tried to have CMake generate a "debug" build of my project but when cmake ran it gave me the warning that Cmake was forcing my build type to Release since that is what VTK was built with. I _understand_ the error. What I need to know is if there is a way to actually build my code with Debug ON but leave VTK in release mode? I do this on other platforms (OS X) so this just seems like I am missing something simple.

I am on WinXP, using MinGW (although MSYS is installed also). I Built VTK 5.0.2 with MinGW in Release mode. I did not do an "Install" of VTK as I am just trying to link against VTK in its build location? Should I install VTK somewhere else instead?

Thanks for any help
Mike Jackson