[CMake] Success with Compaq Visual Fortran - part 2

Arjen Markus arjen.markus at wldelft.nl
Tue Oct 3 14:47:03 EDT 2006

Well, I tried it again - with slightly different options to avoid
the messiness of shared libraries for the moment and got this:

C:\arjen\plplot-5.6.1-cmake\install-windows>c:\arjen\cmake\install\bin\debug\cmake -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=OFF -DDEFAULT_NO_DEVICES:BOOL=OFF
-DPLD_wingcc:BOOL=ON -DBUILD_TEST:BOOL=ON -DENABLE_tcl:BOOL=ON  -DENABLE_tk:BOOL=OFF
-DWITH_CSA:BOOL=ON -G "NMake Makefiles" ..\plplot
-- Check for CL compiler version
-- Check for CL compiler version - 1200
-- Check if this is a free VC compiler
-- Check if this is a free VC compiler - no
-- Check CL platform
-- Check CL platform - 32 bit
-- Check for working C compiler: cl
-- Check for working C compiler: cl -- works
-- Check size of void*
-- Check size of void* - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: cl
CMake Error: Remove failed on file:
C:/arjen/plplot-5.6.1-cmake/install-windows/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/flags.make: System
Error: Permission denied
-- Check for working CXX compiler: cl -- broken
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
c:/arjen/cmake/CMake/Modules/CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake:25:
MESSAGE The C++ compiler "cl" is not able to compile a simple test program.
It fails with the following output:
        nmake -f CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir/build.make /nologo -L
        CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir\build
CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir/build.make(53) : fatal error U1052: file
'CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir\flags.make' not found
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VC98\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Current CMake stack:
C:/arjen/plplot-5.6.1-cmake/plplot/CMakeLists.txt;c:/arjen/cmake/CMake/Modules/CMakeCInformation.cmake;c:/arjen/cmake/CMake/Modules/Platform/Windows-cl.cmake;C:/arjen/plplot-5.6.1-cmake/install-windows/CMakeFiles/CMakeCPlatform.cmake;c:/arjen/cmake/CMake/Modules/CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake
-- Configuring done

It is not something I can reliably reproduce, but this is what
happens:

- I have generated the makefiles in the build directory
- To get a clean slate I remove all files using a file manager
- I start the CMake command when that seems finished

If I wait long enough (there are a lot of files and the deepest
directory is way down), then it seems to be okay.

This is the information I give you about this.

Regards,

Arjen