[CMake] CMake and portable dynamic library loading?

Thomas Arcila thomas.arcila at imag.fr
Sun Oct 1 01:09:29 EDT 2006

Le Sat, 30 Sep 2006 20:47:33 +0200, Alan W. Irwin
<irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca> a écrit:
> Excuse my windows ignorance, but is LoadLibrary the standard way to
> dynamically load plug-ins for all the varieties of windows?
I'm mostly a linux developer so all I say can be wrong but
I think it is (don't remember where I read It, should check msdn)

> Based on the bad autotools experience noted above, we haven't yet
> evaluated
> libltdl for loading plug-ins built by CMake for any kind of windows
> platform. But if LoadLibrary is considered to be pretty standard, then we
> will try harder to get plug-ins built properly for windows.
That's my guess.

> Are there any tricks to building plug-ins on windows that our developers
> should be aware of?
I think you should check all the symbol visibility stuff:
see __declspec(dllimport) and __declspec(dllexport).

If a real windows developer gets around this thread and is willing to
help... :)

--
Thomas Arcila, PhD candidate
http://www-id.imag.fr/~arcila