[CMake] AW: Wrong interpretation of "optimized" and "debug" Qt-libs in TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Nov 24 09:02:57 EST 2006

wedekind wrote:
> Hello Bill,
>
> after a long code-walk I have "solved" my problem. The function
> cmMakefileTargetGenerator::AppendTargetDepends() has added the libs to the
> target's EXTERNAL_OBJECTS list. This has caused make to try to build that
> external object, e.g. the Qt-lib, if it was not present.
>
> BTW: Does it link the external objects to the target too? I am just curious
> because the Qt-libs do not appear in link.txt...
>
> My "fix" was to comment out the body of
> cmMakefileTargetGenerator::AppendTargetDepends(), which works fine for me.
> Maybe there is a more general solution, because there surely is some reason
> behind that function ;)
>
> Should I post a bug report to CMake's bug tracker?

OK, good find.  It looks like both the debug and optimized libs are
being used in the depend.
They are not being used on the link line which is good...    Just
curious, it should not have been
able to find a library that does not exist on your machine, so you must
have set the path to the missing
qt lib by hand.   So, on the bright side, if you just leave that out,
your problem should be fixed.

-Bill