[CMake] AW: Wrong interpretation of "optimized" and "debug" Qt-libs in TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES

wedekind wedekind at caesar.de
Thu Nov 23 10:59:18 EST 2006

Hello Bill,

after a long code-walk I have "solved" my problem. The function
cmMakefileTargetGenerator::AppendTargetDepends() has added the libs to the
target's EXTERNAL_OBJECTS list. This has caused make to try to build that
external object, e.g. the Qt-lib, if it was not present.

BTW: Does it link the external objects to the target too? I am just curious
because the Qt-libs do not appear in link.txt...

My "fix" was to comment out the body of
cmMakefileTargetGenerator::AppendTargetDepends(), which works fine for me.
Maybe there is a more general solution, because there surely is some reason
behind that function ;)

Should I post a bug report to CMake's bug tracker?

Cheers

Marco