[CMake] Wrong interpretation of "optimized" and "debug" libs in TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES (was Re: CMake 2.4.4 available for download)

wedekind wedekind at caesar.de
Wed Nov 22 11:46:03 EST 2006

Hello all,

sorry for the wrong subject of my last mail.

Maybe some excerpts from my CMakeCache.txt will help:

--- CMakeCache.txt ---

//Library is used for debug links only
.../lib/libqt-mt.so_LINK_TYPE:STATIC=optimized

//Library is used for debug links only
.../lib/libqt-mtd.so_LINK_TYPE:STATIC=debug

JCore_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=.../lib/libqt-qt.so;.../lib/libqt-mtd.so;

---

As you can see, the comment for the optimized link entry above is wrong
(debug instead of optimized).

And maybe more important, the entry for JCore_LIB_DEPENDS shows that debug-
and optimized-version of the Qt libs will be linked. Will CMake interpret
the JCore_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC-string correctly later? Does it know that the
first lib is the optimized lib and the second is the debug lib?

Thanks for your hints and suggestions.

Cheers

Marco