[CMake] .txt file extension

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Nov 17 15:02:40 EST 2006

Warren Turkal wrote:
> On Friday 17 November 2006 12:39, Vincent Scheib wrote:
>
>> The CMakeLists.txt .txt file extension is driving me nuts, though.
>> Mostly, because I'd like to syntax highlight it, but can't distinguish
>> it from other file types.
>>

> The .txt does seem misleading to me. Maybe we could call the files just
> CMakeLists (preferred) or CMakeLists.cmake (if it must have an extension)?
>
> wt

OK, this was my fault, I hate getting a file on windows, that when you
click on it, no good default comes up.
So, it is a text file, and I used .txt.   I don't think it is something
that we should change at this point, too
many projects using the other way, and having more than one way is a
pain to maintain.   I use emacs
and have no problem with syntax highlighting.   There are modes for vim
and emacs that work fine.  What
editor are you having trouble with?

-Bill