[CMake] [newbie] Do I have to list all .cpp files explicitly?

Harlan Wood hwood at wgen.net
Fri Nov 17 11:18:15 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm hoping to find a tool that, given a top-level C++ file, will find
and compile and its dependencies (including headers and source files).
I'm brand new to CMake and wondering if I have to list all .cpp files
explicitly?

I have simplified the CMake "hello world" example to demonstrate what I
want:  I have a "main" class which includes "hello.h" -- is there a way
to suggest to CMake that it look for hello.cpp in the same location?

Source files below.  CMake version 2.4-patch 3 under cygwin.

Thanks for any help!
Harlan

____________________________

# CMakeLists.txt:

# add_executable (helloDemo main.cxx hello.cxx)   # succeeds
add_executable (helloDemo main.cxx)               # fails with message:
CMakeFiles/helloDemo.dir/main.o:main.cxx:(.text+0x31): undefined
reference to `Hello::Print()'

____________________________

// main.cxx:

#include "hello.h"