[CMake] CMake 2.4.3, VTK 5.0.2, VS 2005 Express

James Bigler bigler at cs.utah.edu
Fri Nov 10 10:53:22 EST 2006

Bill Hoffman wrote:
> James Bigler wrote:
>>
>> OK, so if I do this it complete the configure, but it doesn't compute
>> the correct size of a SHORT (it thinks it is 1 which causes VTK to
>> fail to compile).  There may be other problems as well, but that is
>> the one tricking up the compiler.
>>
>> Also, the build programs run, but don't actually spit anything out to
>> stdout (if they should).
> I thought you said it was a manifest problem?   For some reason on your
> system try-run is not working.

I though the reason the try compile was failing was because of a
manifest problem.  I set the /MANIFEST flag via environment variables,
and that allows me to configure with cmake.exe, but it still doesn't
help me with the CMakeSetup.exe.

> Basically, it builds a program and runs it.  There is no stdout, the
> value is returned from main.  So, if you have
> cygwin you can do echo $? to get the return value of the last program.
> Basically when cmake runs
> the program you are getting exit code  (0xc0000135).  I think this means
> that it can not find some dll.
> My guess is that your environment is not setup correctly in some way.
> VS express is somewhat tricky to setup.
>
> Make sure you followed ALL the steps here:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/

I've done this, and I can build other projects just fine.  For some
reason CMake is having a hard time.

James