[CMake] CMake 2.4.3, VTK 5.0.2, VS 2005 Express

James Bigler bigler at cs.utah.edu
Fri Nov 10 10:29:04 EST 2006

Bill Hoffman wrote:
> James Bigler wrote:
>> Bill Hoffman wrote:
>>>
>>> If you run cmake from the command line with --debug-trycompile it
>>> will leave the directory around.
>>> Then you can run the test by hand and see what the problem is.
>>
>> This didn't seem to leave any but one binary.
>>
>> D:\rei>"C:\Program Files\Programming\CMake 2.4\bin\CMakeSetup.exe"
>> --debug-trmpile
>>
>> bigler at james-cjh5y1134 ~/rei/vtk-5.0.2/VS
>> $ find . -name "*.exe"
>>
>> bigler at james-cjh5y1134 ~/rei/vtk-5.0.2/VS
>> $ find . -name "*.exe"
>> ./CMakeTmp/TestExplicitInstantiation/Build/debug/B.exe
>>
>> Running B.exe said that MSVCR80D.DLL was missing.  A MANIFEST problem.
>>
>> I also tried adding the /MANIFEST flag via environment variables (and
>> I can see them in there), but that didn't help.
>>
>> I attached the warning message I get from CMakeSetup.exe.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James
> You have to run cmake.exe and not CMakeSetup.
>
> cmake --debug-trycompile .

OK, so if I do this it complete the configure, but it doesn't compute
the correct size of a SHORT (it thinks it is 1 which causes VTK to fail
to compile).  There may be other problems as well, but that is the one
tricking up the compiler.

Also, the build programs run, but don't actually spit anything out to
stdout (if they should).

James